I have been in love with my tomatoes this year! I dropped by Tomatomania at Rogers Gardens in March just to browse, then of course left with three new tomato plants.
Fourth of July and Sugary have just been epic. Fourth of July are juicy little red orbs, and Sugary need no explanation, these little guys are sweet as sugar.
So I decided to make a batch of salsa for what else? Fourth of July! I plucked a bowl of tomatoes, grabbed a lime from my tree and cut a handful of my potted cilantro. Additional items I tossed in are diced green peppers, red and white onion, garlic, a little cumin, and my secret weapon…..
Himalayan Pink Sea Salt. I just chopped everything up, tossed it in my food processor and let it rip.
And voila, a tasty garden treat for the Fourth. It’s best to let it chill in the frig before serving (and it actually even tastes better the next day). Happy Fourth!
Ingredients (hopefully you can get most of this from your own garden or local farmers market):
- 4 cups fresh chopped tomatoes (I used Fourth of July and Sugary tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chopped & seeded (or green chiles for milder taste)
- Juice from one lime
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- And good grinding of Himalayan Pink Sea Salt (probably about 1/2 tsp.)
Check out my videos on step my step instructions:
Also check out: