Looking for a tasty garden treat for the 4th of July (or really any summer soiree)? This is a super easy salsa recipe and most of it can be from your very own garden!
Take all the ingredients below, toss it in a food processor or blender and let it rip. Blend until it’s the consistency you like. I prefer finely chopped! Put it in the frig to chill, or even overnight is best. And voila, you have salsa for any summer soiree!
Ingredients (hopefully you can get most of this from your own garden or local farmers market):
- 4 cups fresh chopped tomatoes (I used Fourth of July and Sugary tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chopped & seeded (or green chiles for milder taste)
- Juice from one lime
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- And good grinding of Himalayan Pink Sea Salt (probably about 1/2 tsp.)